Wondering what is the difference between 2T and 3T clothes sizes?
Let’s get help with this 2T vs. 3T size guide!
The main difference between 2T and 3T sizes is in height and weight measurements. 2T is for a weight range of 25-30 pounds and a height of 32-34 inches. 3T, on the other hand, is for a weight range of 30-35 pounds and a height of 35-37 inches. 3T is slightly larger than 2T.
Size 2T is a toddler clothing size, with the “T” indicating that it is for children in the toddler age range. The number “2” in 2T refers to the child’s approximate age, typically around 2 years old.
2T clothing is designed to provide a slimmer fit for toddlers than regular clothing. This can be especially helpful for younger children still developing their motor skills and may need help finding baggier dresses.
3T is a clothing size for toddlers around 3 years old and weighs between 30-35 lbs. Clothing labeled as 3T is more significant than 2T. Compared to regular-sized clothing, 3T clothing includes features such as adjustable waists, which can be especially helpful for children who are still wearing diapers or may have a wider waistline.
As with any clothing size, it’s essential to remember that every child is different, so it’s always a good idea to check specific measurements before purchasing clothes.
Size Chart for 2T and 3T Clothing with Various Measurements:
What is the Difference between 2T Size and 24 Months?
The main difference between 24 months and 2T sizes is the way they are designed to fit.
24 months sizes are designed to fit babies around 24 months old or younger. They tend to be roomier and have larger dimensions to accommodate the bulky diapers that younger babies wear. They are made to fit snugly around the neck and arms to prevent the baby from slipping out of the clothing.
On the other hand, 2T sizes are designed to fit toddlers around 2 years old, who have likely transitioned out of wearing diapers or are using smaller sizes. They tend to have a slimmer fit and are designed to accommodate a more active and mobile child. They also have a slightly longer inseam to allow for growth and movement.
How do 2T and 3T compare to sizes in UK and Europe?
In the UK and Europe, 2T and 3T sizes are not commonly used, and instead, they use a different sizing system based on the child’s height in centimeters. However, there’s a general comparison of 2T and 3T sizes in the US and their equivalent sizes in the UK and Europe based on age:
- 2T is approximately equivalent to a size 92 in the European sizing system, which usually fits children 2 years old and has a height of 92 cm.
- 3T is approximately equivalent to a size 98, which fits children around 3 years old and has a height of 98 cm.
What Size should a 2 or 3-year-Old Boy or Girl Wear?
On average, a 2-year-old child will wear a size 2T, and a 3-year-old child will wear a size 3T. However, every child is unique and may vary in size and growth rate.
When shopping for a 2 or 3-year-old, it’s also essential to consider the child’s level of mobility and comfort. Clothes that are too tight can hinder their movement and cause discomfort, while clothing that is too loose may be impractical and pose a tripping hazard.
Size 2T in Different Retailers
Different retailers may have slightly different sizing for 2T clothes, making it challenging to shop for your toddler without trying clothes on first. Here’s a size chart of popular retail stores:
|Store||Weight Range||Height Range|
|Walmart||28-32 lbs||32-35 in|
|Carter’s||26.5-28.5 lbs||33-35 in|
|Nordstrom||26-29 lbs||33-35 in|
|Target||25-28 lbs||32-34 in|
|Gap Kids||29-31 lbs||33-36 in|
|The Children’s Place||27-30 lbs||33-35 in|
Size 3T in Different Retailers
Regarding 3T sizes, the measurements can vary slightly between popular retailers. Let’s look at popular brands size chart.
|Store||Weight Range||Height Range|
|Walmart||32-35 lbs||35-38 in|
|Carter’s||28.5-32.5 lbs||35-38.5 in|
|Nordstrom||29-33 lbs||35-38 in|
|Target||29-32 lbs||35-37 in|
|Gap Kids||32-35 lbs||36-39 in|
|The Children’s Place||31-34 lbs||35-38 in|
Tips for Dressing Toddlers
- Let them choose: Give your toddler the option to choose their outfit for the day. This will help them feel more independent and confident, and also give them some control over their day.
- Keep it simple: Toddlers don’t need complicated outfits with multiple layers and accessories. Stick to simple, comfortable clothes that are easy to put on and take off, such as leggings, t-shirts, and shorts.
- Consider the weather: Dress your toddler appropriately for the weather. If it’s cold outside, make sure they have a warm coat and hat. If it’s hot, choose light and breathable clothing.
- Get the right size: Make sure you choose clothes that fit your toddler properly. Clothes that are too big or too small can be uncomfortable and difficult for them to move in. Take body measurements to get accurate size. See the video below;
- Choose fabrics carefully: Look for fabrics that are soft, breathable, and easy to care for. Avoid fabrics that are scratchy or difficult to clean.
- Have a routine: Establish a dressing routine and stick to it. This will help your toddler understand what to expect and make the process smoother and less stressful for everyone involved.
Is size 2 the same as 2T?
Sizes 2 and 2T are not the same. If you buy clothes from outside the US, you will only see a size 2 or 2-3 on the label. 2T sizing is common in the USA.
Is size 3 the same as 3T?
Yes, 3T and size 3 are the same, but 3T is common in the US.
Does a 2-year-old wear 2T or 3T?
It depends upon the child’s height and weight. If your child is taller, then you should consider 3T.
On the other hand, if your child is of average height, then select size 2T.
Should I always buy clothes of my child’s exact size?
It’s a good idea to try clothes on your child before purchasing them. If your child is between sizes, you should choose the larger size to ensure they have room to grow.
How can I tell if clothes will fit my child correctly?
Take your child’s measurements, and compare them to the sizing chart for the brand you are considering. It’s also a good idea to try clothes on your child before purchasing them to ensure a proper fit.
Choosing between 2T and 3T clothes for toddlers can be confusing, but it’s important to remember that every child’s growth rate is different. While 2T clothes are generally for toddlers about 2 years old and 3T clothes for those 3 years old.
It’s essential to consider your child’s height, weight, and measurements. Always try clothes on your child before purchasing them, and remember that it’s okay if they grow out of them quickly – that’s just a natural part of their development. Most importantly, your child feels comfortable and happy in their clothes.